If Water Service Is Already Available

If you have moved into a residence that already has water service and you need to get water service turned on in your name, you need to complete an Application for Water and Sewer Service. This single Application form lets you transfer service into your name for both County water and County sewer. You can pick up the form at the District office, or download the form HERE.

Instructions for Completing the Application for Water and Sewer Service

1-Service Start Date-the first day you wish for the water service to be activated in your name.

2-Applicant (mailing address)-Your name(s) as it is to read on the water bill and address where you would like to receive the water bill. If you wish that the application be in two names-both persons must provide the information in item #2 and sign the application.

3-SSN#/FEIN (Social Security Number or Federal Employer Identification Number, if applicable)-Please fill in.

Services only activated Monday-Friday. There is no same day service, so be sure to mail or bring in your application in plenty of time (minimum 3 business days) before service start date in order that service is switched into your name on the desired day. If water is off at your location, then it will not be turned on until the next business day. If an application is received in our office after the service start date requested, it will be activated into your name on the following business day after it was received. No Service Start Date will be backdated.

4-Property Owner-the owner of the land on which the home or mobile home is setting. If you are the property owner as well as the applicant-write "SAME" and go to "Water Service Location". If you are renting be sure to provide ALL information for the property owner.

5-Water Service Location-give the 911 Street Address, Subdivision Name and Lot # of the property you are making application for.

6-Type of Service-check "residential" or "commercial" and provide the desired meter size.  Most residential properties have a 5/8" meter.

7-Signature of Applicant-Applicant(s) must sign and check one of the four boxes.

8-Enclose the correct security deposit.

  • See Security Deposit tables below to determine amount of security deposit to be paid.
  • Make check payable to BCPSSD for the total amount. (Make check payable to BCPSSD even if you don't have Berkeley County sewer service.)

All applications must be filled out in their entirety. If you have any questions regarding the application or need assistance filling out the application-please call the office between 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday at (304) 267-4600.

When mailing or faxing an application please be sure of the following:

  • It is completed in its entirety and signed by the applicant(s).
  • A photocopy of the driver's license of the applicant(s) is included.
  • Payment for the applicable security deposit (check or money order made payable to BCPSSD). If you plan to pay by credit card, (Mastercard, Visa or Discover), you must call and give the information to the office staff for processing.

Mail or fax the application to:

251 Caperton Blvd.
Martinsburg , WV 25403

Fax Number (304) 267-3864

Security Deposits

County Water & Sewer:  If you have both Berkeley County water service AND Berkeley County sewer service, then you must provide a combined security deposit that covers both water and sewer services. The table below shows the total deposit required for customers with County water and County sewer:

Meter Size
Water + Sewer Total Deposit
$ 175.00
$ 204.00
1 ½-inch
$ 284.00
$ 379.00
$ 602.00
$ 921.00
$ 1,718.00
$ 2,673.00

County Water only:  If you have Berkeley County water service but DO NOT have Berkeley County sewer service, then you must provide a water security deposit. For example, if you have a septic tank or have sewer service from the City of Martinsburg, you need to provide only a security deposit for County water. The table below shows the deposit required for customers with County water but not County sewer:

Meter Size
Water Security Deposit
$ 50.00
$ 79.00
1 ½-inch
$ 159.00
$ 254.00
$ 477.00
$ 796.00
$ 1,593.00
$ 2,548.00

For owners only, the deposit plus interest will be applied to the customer's account after the customer has paid monthly bills on time for twelve (12) consecutive months. If owner moves prior to the security deposit being refunded, the security deposit plus interest will be credited to the final bill.

For tenants, deposits are not refundable after twelve (12) consecutive on time payments. Deposits with interest will be credited to the final bill at the time you move from the property. The simple interest rate is determined by the Public Service Commission of West Virginia.

Do you need assistance paying the required deposit?  Click here for a list of community agencies that may be able to assist you.

Back to Top