For Commercial and Industrial Services

For existing businesses where the water service is already in the ground, you need to complete an Application for Water and Sewer Service. You can pick up the form at the District office, or download the form from HERE.

Please note that this application process will get you signed up for water only. If you need public sewer service, you will have to sign up with the sewer service provider.

The District will provide water service with the size of meter that matches the existing service. Be sure to verify that the size of the existing service is appropriate for your needs; if you need a larger service or a smaller meter, special work is required to modify the existing service, and you will need to pay the District for this work.

For new commercial and industrial services, refer to the procedures in the Engineering section of this web site. After all construction and plumbing work is complete and accepted by the District's inspector, it is ready for a meter to be set. The business owner must complete an Application for Water and Sewer Service and request that the meter be set. Forms can be picked up at the District office, or download from this site. Complete the form as outlined below.

[D] - For Commercial and Industrial Services

Instructions for Completing the Application for Water Service

1-Service Start Date-Provide the estimated date that you will be ready for water service.

2-SS#/FEIN (Social Security Number or Federal Employer Identification Number, if applicable)-please fill in.

3-Applicant (mailing address)-Your name(s) as it is to read on the water bill and address where you would like to receive the water bill.

4-Property Owner-the business owner. If the owner and applicant are the same-write "SAME" and go to "Water Service Location".

5-Water Service Location-Existing structures will have a 911 address; if a 911 address is assigned, provide that. For new structures that don't have a 911 address assigned yet, the subdivision name and lot # or Tax Map and Parcel number must be provided.

6-Type of Service-please check "commerical" or "industrial" and provide the desired meter size (i.e. 5/8", 1", 2", etc.). Also indicate the estimated daily water demand in gallons. If the building will have a fire department connection, private fire hydrant, or fire sprinklers, check the box "private fire service" and indicate the size of the fire main entering the building.

7-Proof of Application for Sewer Service-a copy of your approved sewer service application (or proof of existing sewer service) must accompany the application for water service. Proof of sewer service is required-water service cannot be given until applicant has signed up for sewer service. Sewer service providers include:

Berkeley County Public Service Sewer District (304) 263-8566

The City of Martinsburg (304) 264-2131

If there will be a septic tank instead of sewer service, check "On Lot Disposal", and no sewer application is required.

8-Signature of Applicant-Applicant(s) must sign and check one of the four boxes.

9-If the water service of the correct size is already in the ground (meter box, cover, and coppersetter), no tap fee is required. If the service needs to be set, and there is no fire service, enclose payment for the tap fee ($450). Make separate check payable to BCPSWD. If there is both domestic and fire service to the building, check with the procedures in the Engineering section of this web site for important technical details.

10-Enclose the correct security deposit. Make separate check payable to BCPSSD (including applicants who have septic tanks or sewer service from the City of Martinsburg).

  • See Security Deposit List to determine amount of security deposit to be paid.

All applications must be filled out in their entirety. If you have any questions regarding the application or need assistance filling out the application-please call the office between 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday at (304) 267-4600.

When mailing or faxing an application in please be sure of the following:

  • It is completed in its entirety and signed by the applicant(s).
  • A photocopy of the driver's license of the applicant(s) is included.
  • A copy of a PROCESSED sewer application is sent with the application.
  • Payment for the tap fee ($450), check or money order, if applicable.
  • Payment for the applicable security deposit, check or money order.

Mail or fax the application to:

251 Caperton Blvd.
Martinsburg , WV 25403

Fax Number (304) 267-3864

Security Deposits

Meter Size
Water Security Deposit
$ 50.00
$ 79.00
1 ½-inch
$ 159.00
$ 254.00
$ 477.00
$ 796.00
$ 1,593.00
$ 2,548.00

For owners only, the deposit plus interest will be applied to the customer's account after the customer has paid monthly bills on time for twelve (12) consecutive months. If owner moves prior to the security deposit being refunded, the security deposit plus interest will be credited to the final bill.

For tenants, deposits are not refundable after twelve (12) consecutive on time payments. Deposits with interest will be credited to the final bill at the time you move from the property. The simple interest rate is determined by the Public Service Commission of West Virginia.

Back to Top